User & UX Research
I conducted user interviews to get a better understanding of the problem. I was curious about what methods and processes are currently used by our target group, and if our target users could imagine changing that process. The answers I got quickly showed that there was a need and a fit for the product. At the same time, the feedback also revealed that there was skepticism towards digitization in the materials industry.
Those results showed me that we had to work closely with our users to overcome the wariness of our potential users. The UX had to be flawless!
More User Testing
To reveal more possible usability problems, I made a testing round with 12 users that met our target group. The test, just like many future tests, was conducted remotely, which offered us to work faster, test more, and to get feedback from international users.
The users had to perform various standard tasks on the platform while thinking aloud. This feedback, in addition to screen recordings, allowed us to understand more advanced usability problems that lead to changes in the user interfaces but also in the features the product should offer.
In addition to continuously conducting interviews and user tests, we also started to A/B test our solutions. The goal was to measure their success and to learn if we were able to improve the UX before releasing.